I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Big Winner


Andrea, Orlando and I recently found out that it pays off to hand wash your clothes. Here in our house, we don't have a washing machine, we have a wash sink, and after that it is all human power to get your clothes clean. Last month, however, it all paid off when Orlando saw a shiny object in the middle of our bar of soap. Curiosity got a hold of him, and he started digging out this mysterious item. Turns out it was a special gold coin that told us we were the winners of a Plasma TV. A few weeks, and several phone calls later, Marfil (the brand of soap) showed up at our door with a 32" TV. They took pictures (which I hid from. haha) and those will show up on TV as proof that you really do win with Marfil.
Even though it was fun and exciting to win a new TV, I have to say that I am still running the race for the real prize I am waiting for... I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Corinthians 9:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment