I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Monday, November 19, 2012

Felicidades! A Wedding

On November 3rd, two of my good friends here, one of whom is a scholarship recipient of Str8way Ministries, tied the knot, and joined their lives together as husband and wife. Weddings here in Nicaragua are similar to those in the United States, with a few differences. The church here does not actually have legal authority, so the couple first marries civilly, with a lawyer, usually the week before the actual wedding. Then, they do what they consider the real wedding, before God. The novia (bride) leaves her house with the wedding party, walking through the streets, until they arrive at the church. The purpose of parading through the streets is that the community is then aware that they have committed themselves to marriage, not just living together, and not just boyfriend/girlfriend. Then upon arrival at the church there is a procession similar to that in the U.S. Although, it begins with someone carrying the Bible in front of the procession. And the wedding party is seated rather than standing at the front of the church. Then they begin with a few songs of worship, a few words, or songs given by selected individuals, and then come the message and the vows. Afterward, everyone eagerly heads to the reception for some good food, and of course, cake. Congratulations to my good friends Jenny and Luis Fernando! A special day for a special couple! Pray for a healthy marriage and that God uses them to touch the lives of others!
 

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
10 
If either of them falls down,one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
11 
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment