I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Visit from Granada... Training Teachers

Some of you may know Don and Jacque Straka who are also in Nicaragua as missionaries through Str8way Ministries working in Granada. Last year they brought a group of six children's church leaders that they were training to visit the church out in Quebracho. The purpose of the trip being to encourage and equip their teachers, who really had not had any training. The church in Granada is also using the Children's Church curriculum that Andrea and I have been building, so they came up to observe a class that I taught and participate in a discussion afterwards. It turned out to be a great experience for everyone, and so this year, they brought their new group of teachers up to visit us again. This year the group of eight teachers observed a Sunday class talking about the Armor of God. Afterward we enjoyed a lunch together and later I spent a couple of  hours training them in the purpose of children's church (not babysitting, by the way! haha), the importance of their own walk with the Lord, and how that affects their ability to impact the lives of their kids, and using godly discipline as a teacher. It was also a great opportunity to get in some official training with Cristian, who is my class helper every week in Quebracho. Afterwards I got to head out to the beach (La Boquita) with the Granada group for a couple hours of fun in the sun. If you are interested in reading more about the training and seeing pictures, you can check out Lindsay's webpage at: http://lindsaytonicaragua.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/childrens-church-training-in-diriamba/

"Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves,
but our competence comes from God.
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant..."
2 Corinthians 3:15,16

No comments:

Post a Comment