I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Monday, July 30, 2012

Mandatory Vacation

First of all, as I am moving to a different idea... if you want to know the rest of the story from Going Backwards in Order to Move Forward, check out the Calling page that I've added to the blog...


As you may know, I am still living in Nicaragua on a tourist visa. This means that every six months, the government says "it's that time again." Meaning I have to leave the country. Sometimes I go home to the States for a visit, and other times I hop over the border to Costa Rica. This time I headed, along with Andrea and Orlando on over to Liberia, Costa Rica. Andrea and I are not really great vacationers. If I can be honest we're just a little too cheap to really do the touristy thing. But this time was a little different, because it was the first vacation Orlando had ever taken, and definitely his first time out of the country. So, we decided we were gonna have to do a better job of taking a vacation this time. Good news... we succeeded!!! The first day we enjoyed pizza hut and a 3D movie. (we don't have a movie theater in Diriamba) The next day we went to Playa Hermosa (Beautiful Beach) and the last day we went to the National Park and Volcano Rincon de la vieja (bitterness of the old woman). We ate strawberries and plums (although not the best ever, the plums were the first I have eaten in 3 years.) Andrea and I also bought the classic floppy beach hats, and we sported them with style... if I do say so myself! Here are a few pictures to enjoy from our trip...

                      



No comments:

Post a Comment