I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

All Shook Up...

On Thursday morning I was walking through the streets of Diriamba, about to get copies before I caught the bus out to Quebracho for my discipleship class. As I was nearing main street, I began to feel really dizzy. I prayed that God would take control of the dizziness, and I told myself to "pull it together because you can't just pass-out here on main street." I tried to keep walking, but my world was swaying, and I knew I was going down soon, so I stopped to get my balance back. That's when I noticed everyone running out onto the street. It wasn't just me. The whole town, country, and neighboring country was being shaken. I had just felt my first earthquake.

The earthquake originated in Costa Rica, I believe in Guanacaste county, which is where we took our mandatory vacation a month ago. When the aftershock here in Diriamba passed, we learned that it was placed as a 7.6 on the Richter scale with it's origin in Costa Rica, and was still at about 5.5 when the aftershocks hit Nicaragua. We were placed on warning for Tsunamis that could follow.

Thankfully, we have not experienced much damage here in Diriamba as a result of the earthquake. And, everything that I have read since seems to indicate that the effects have been fairly mild for the size of earthquake; however, please be praying for those who were not as fortunate, and experienced more than just a bit of dizziness.

The Bible says that as the end times approach, we will see more and more disasters. Natural, and man made. I am not suggesting that the world is going to end tomorrow. Or in December as the Mayans have predicted. The Bible says that no one knows the day or the hour that Christ will return. But this is what I know. He is coming. He's coming for me. And I pray that He's coming for you.

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills
be removed, yet my unfailing love for you
will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be
removed," says the Lord, who has
compassion on you.

Isaiah 54:10

No comments:

Post a Comment