I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

On the Move, and Back Again

Well, true to form it has been a while since I have updated my blog, but I blame it on all the traveling I have been able to do. At the beginning of August I was able to head home to Colorado to visit family, friends, and the local church. Afterward, the opportunity came up for me to go an visit a friend from college where she and her husband are working with YWAM in Spain. After about two months out of the country, Nicaragua is the place where I lay my head again.

Time in Colorado:
I jumped between Colorado Springs and Alamosa, and as Ecclesiastes 3 says, there was a time for everything. I would type out Ecclesiastes 3:1-11, but it is a bit long, so I will just encourage you to pull out your Bible and read it. I spent time playing (going to a Sky Sox game,  Elitches with my brother, and  floating down the Rio Grande to name a few). I also spent time working (my yard was in need of some TLC and I sanded and painted the deck with the help of a couple of friends). I spent time laughing as well as crying, and time sharing as well as listening. The directors of Str8way and I were able to get together and have a little pow-wow about ministry, and I also had the opportunity to share about the ministry God is doing in Quebracho with the Church family of River of Life. I finished up my time in Colorado with my mom and dad. Mom and I are now puzzle ninjas.

                   

                                       


Time in Spain:
Next I was off to Malaga, Spain to visit my friend Naomi who I had not seen since her wedding about seven years ago. I got to meet her two awesome kiddos and the beach was just a 10 minute walk from the house. We visited an aquarium, and a botanical garden, went for tapas (spanish appetizers) and churros with hot chocolate. To top off all of the Spanish adventures and goodies, we of course got to have some good heart to hearts and catch up on life.

 





Welcome Home:
After all of the traveling, it was back to Nicaragua. Andrea and Pastor Eliut met me at the airport and the next day was just spent resting because of course one always needs a vacation from their vacation! On Friday evening Luis (the guy helping me with the pre-teen ministry) called and said he had something important to talk to me about with the ministry but it needed to be at my house the following day, where the girls wouldn't see us talking before group. I was pretty nervous, about what possibly could have happened while I was gone. To top it off one of my girls called to ask if he had talked to me yet because he had told them he had a complaint to tell me about. Well... it turns out they are just good at covering up a surprise, because on Saturday I came back from walking the dogs, expecting to have the chat with Luis, but instead I was greeted by Luis with all of the girls, who came to surprise me with a Nicaraguan lunch to welcome me home!



So... since I have been home, we had a lock-in at the church with the youth and pre-teens who were preparing a drama, and we took second place in theater at a talent night another church held. We also had a baby presented in the church, and I have been out visiting all of the families in the community. This week we are also starting a new Bible study here at the house, and continue working on the devotional project for teachers...

No comments:

Post a Comment