I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Selling the Birthright...

This past weekend in church, Pastor Eliut began preaching on the story of Jacob and Esau. It's a story many of us are familiar with. Found in Genesis  chapters 25 and 27, we see that one day, because of his hunger  and impatience, Esau sold his birthright for a plate of food. Later on in chapter 27, we see it actually fulfilled when Isaac unwittingly blesses Jacob. It made me think. I've heard the story before. I've thought about the foolishness of Esau. But now it begs the personal application...
Have I sold out for something small and unworthy? 
Have you? 
I would venture to guess that we haven't traded the kingdom of heaven for a literal plate of food. But have we asked for something insignificant, or made a choice in haste, that perhaps caused us to forfeit the true blessing that the Lord had prepared for us? Because according to Romans 8:17 we are heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ. We have a rich heritage. We have an inheritance...
May the Lord help us to keep our eyes centered on Him, and may we not give up our birthright for something that, frankly, just isn't even close to worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment