I am a disciple of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I grew up going to church with my parents, the Lord touched my heart in a real and personal way, and I accepted Christ as my Savior 14 years ago. Psalm 73:25 says "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." This is the cry of my heart as I seek to follow the Lord. In 2009, the Lord called me to serve Him in Diriamba, Nicaragua... and I invite you to join me on this adventure.

Yo soy una discipula de nuestro Dios y Salvador Jesucristo. Aunque crecí yendo a la iglesia con mis padres, tome la decision personalpara aceptar Cristo como mi salvador hace 14 años. Salmos 73:25 dice <<¿A quién tengo yo en los cielos sino a ti? Y fuera de ti nada deseo en la tierra.>> Esto es el anhelo de mi corazón. En 2009 Dios me llamó a servirle en Diriamba, Nicaragua, y ahora te invito unirse conmigo en esta adventura...

Friday, March 1, 2013

3 in 1...3 Stories, 1 Blogpost... Keep Reading!



Well, three months later, and I am finally getting around to putting up another post! As many of you know, I was able to spend about two months in the States over Christmas break. It was a good time of getting to see friends and family that I hadn't seen in quite some time. The cold was incredible! (and I don't really mean that in a positive way! haha!!!) Below zero weather is pretty miserable! I was also able to spend some time with Greg Johnson, the director of Str8way Ministries and the results are in... so,
WHAT NOW? My commitment to be here in Nicaragua ended in December as I went home to the States. I have been praying for the past year about direction and whether or not the Lord would have me return to Nicaragua, or if He had something else in mind. I knew that I would be returning at least for a few months, as I am in the middle of three discipleship classes and didn't feel good about leaving those in the middle, but beyond that I was unsure...
Over the course of my time back in the states, I felt that God confirmed in me again my heart for Nicaragua and the work that He is doing through me in Quebracho. So until He so leads me differently, I will continue the work here in Diriamba, Nicaragua. Str8way Ministries is also refocusing it's efforts to make sure that it's missionaries are making conscious efforts towards discipling believers. Since this has been my heart for quite some time now, I am excited to be back here working towards that goal. As a ministry we are currently working through the training mandiscipleual for Real-Life Discipleship. If you are interested in the other discipleship materials. If you are interested in joining me as a financial and prayer supporter, visit the ministry and donations page to find out how, or email me at karebear@str8way.com.
The Quebracho Crew out for a day of fellowship to San Jorge
MEET VANESSA -  As I mentioned above, the focus and desire of Str8way as well as my own personal desire and conviction is to make disciples of Christ. Believers who are solid and sold out in their faith, and committed to serving and teaching others. For the past year in Quebracho, I have been visiting a young woman named Vanessa. Vanessa always told me that she believed in God, but was not willing or ready to surrender her life to him, but she always wanted to more. When we started a new round of discipleship about 4 months ago, I invited her to join me, even though she was not yet a believer. At the beginning she always answered in the negative about her personal walk with the Lord. After a few weeks of talking about who Jesus is, I started noticing a change in her and her answers. Before leaving for the States, I was sure that she had accepted Christ, but did not get a chance to meet with her to ask her personally. When I got back from my trip home, Vanessa excitedly pulled me aside and asked me if I had heard? She had publicly accepted Christ in front of the church the week before I returned, and had privately accepted Him as her Savior in the course of and as a result of our conversations in discipleship! Glory to our God who seeks to call us His own! Vanessa and I are currently fasting together for the salvation of her husband, and the release of her marriage from traumatizing strongholds.
Vanessa and her daughter Xochilt (right)




 VISITORS FROM COLORADO- A couple of weeks ago two friends from Colorado, Aileen and Megan, came to visit us here in Nicaragua. They spent the first part of their trip in Granada visiting the Curtis and Straka families. (Also missionaries with Str8way Ministries). Afterward they headed our way to Diriamba. Throughout their time here we were able to eat some good Nicaraguan food and play in the river, but we also had some great ministry opportunities. We invited  several young ladies from Quebracho and here in Diriamba to come over to the house for an afternoon of fellowship. Aileen and Megan shared about the importance of having good girl friends and about how God is our ultimate source of love. Afterwards we made bookmarks for our Bibles, and just got plain silly playing Soy Ninja. (I AM Ninja). On Sunday we headed out to Quebracho for children's church. Thanks to the girls for the visit!...
Playing Soy Ninja
Our mode of transportation. Yes,
there are really 8 of us in this
little moto!
                 




1 comment: